|DECLARATION OF DEAF CHILDRENfS HUMAN RIGHTS
"Japan Deaf Children and Parents Association" declares the following:
- Our children are deaf.
- Deaf children will become deaf adults in the future.
- The mother tongue of deaf children and deaf adults is Japanese sign language.
- We secure the mother tongue environment of our children and their right
to be educated using their mother tongue.
- We promote bilingual education which sets written Japanese as the second
- We want to bring up deaf children as deaf children.
- We want them to appreciate their dignity as a human being and as a deaf
- We understand that there is deaf culture of deaf children and deaf adults.
- "being unable to hear" does not mean unhappiness.
- We protect deaf children's human rights.